Sunday, January 17, 2010

Operation: Love Muffin

I've mentioned my friend Becca Sue before.  She's the one who made Ellie this adorable Christmas present.  And she's the one who amazes me with the fact that she's gone from living a mostly sedentary life up until last year to preparing to run a half marathon.  And now she's got another little project going on especially for Valentine's day - Operation: Love Muffin.  She has a whole slew of individual gifts and gift packages to you can order from.  We've already placed an order to get Ellie one of these adorable dinosaurs!



This isn't just an awesome business that she has going simply to earn extra cash.  She's actually a stay-at-home-mom who is finding ways to raise money to help pay for a trip for her husband, her son and herself to go to Walt Disney World so that she can run in Disney's Princess Half Marathon.  Here's what she has to say about where the money from this project go:

"10% off every dollar you pay is being given to the Core Life Church's summer missions team.  Our team will be returning to Slovenia to help host English Camps with Josiah Venture.

"The rest goes to cover materials, and every dollar that's left over is one less dollar my hubby has to earn towards our trip.  He's already working 60+ hours a week so that I can stay home with our son, and I figured it'd be a good wifey thing for me to put some work into making our trip happen.  Especially since I'm dragging him across the country to watch me run 13.1 miles. :)"

So if you're looking for something for Valentine's day that helps out a good cause as well as provides a nice gift for a loved one, check out Operation: Love Muffin.

1 comment:

Claire said...

Love it! Off to explore!

Cxx