Monday, July 14, 2008

Camping - Part 1

We did it! We went on our first ever Wagner family camp out...which incidentally wasn't just a Wagner family camp out but a Kurtz (mama's family) family camp out. Because mama's family is so big, she kept calling it an extended family camping trip. But really it was just Grandpa, Grandma, and all but one set of the aunts, uncles, nieces and nephews (with a few friends thrown in for some extra excitement). Unfortunately, mom's rather obsessed with me so most of the pictures are of me...teehee!

------------------------------------------------------------


Fun in the tent on the first night. Daddy went fishing with some of the other guys so mom and I chilled in the tent for a bit so I could have some off-leash time.


Don't I look tough? This picture reminds me of a funny story. While mommy and daddy were setting up the tent and packing, everything was going relatively well. We have a great tent, courtesy of one of Kit's uncles and his wife, awesome cooler, tons of food, my crate and toys, etc. One thing mommy and daddy forgot were their sleeping bags. That's right, no sleeping bags! And only thing air mats (which actually worked perfectly) to boot. Fantastic! So mom and grandma headed in to "town" (Mossyrock, WA - population 509). It was about 6:00, and they stopped at the little hardware store: closed. They asked a lady in the "parking lot
(gravel strip along the side of the road) whether she knew where they could find sleeping bags. "No, you're not going to find those anywhere. You're supposed to bring them with you," she replied rather tersely. Some people's kids.

Anyway...not to be deterred, mom and grandma headed to the grocery store because they needed some other items as well. Low and behold, in the front of the grocery store they had two (count 'em, two) adult sleeping bags: one black, one maroon. So not only were they in our family colors (aka red and black) but they were only $13.99 each. Woohoo! Apparently they just started carrying them last summer and run out most weekends...good, we're not the only forgetful ones!


Our tent has a little flap in it that one on my aunt's tents also had. Apparently it's a doggy door, or maybe it's for ventilation. Either way, I liked to peek out of it at the group campsite across the way.



Mommy and pug time. You can tell I'm very in to this photo shoot.



Fun in the sun. I spent some good time on the gravel under our picnic table avoiding the heat.



One of my aunts gave me a yummy bone on Saturday, which I proceeded to devour. I also found out that her dogs get these bones regularly and protested. Now I get my own small bones daily.


Daddy graciously shared his lemon cookies with me.


My perfect "May I please have a lemon cookie?" face


Mommy and I cuddling after her swim in the lake.



Nap time.


My view of daddy.


More nap time.


The view from our campsite.



More of the view.


And more view.



The swimming area.



Grandpa sleeping. :)
What you can't see is that we're all in a circle on the grass with grandpa snoozing. The sun (and therefore all of us but grandpa) kept moving so eventually he was almost in the middle of our circle.

No comments: