Thursday, September 4, 2008

Lance & Abby

Mommy's friend from college, Abby, and her husband, Lance, came over for dinner tonight. Abby is a dear friend of mommy's who helped her through some interesting times during her last semester of college. She and Lance have been in Switzerland for the past year or so learning French. And now they're headed to Cameroon. It's was pretty exciting to hear about the work they'll be doing with learning languages, developing a format for writing those languages, literacy training and translation (including the Bible). I don't read, but if I did, I think it would be great to have books in my own language. It's hard for me to believe that there are still people who don't have a writing system for their language, let alone books.

Praise the Lord for folks like Lance and Abby who are willing to give up their lives to change those of others.

No comments: