Monday, October 19, 2009

Ellie's First Cold?

Sometime between 3:45 and 4 this morning Ellie woke both Kit and me up with her coughing.  She seemed uncomfortable so Kit went in to check on her (since I'm still sick and was planning to shower this morning before resuming my mommy duties to try to keep germs away from her).  She was in an uncomfortable position in her crib so he adjusted her.  At 4:10 she was still fussy and rattly sounding so I washed my hands (and forearms), went into her room and rubbed her chest and talked to her to try to lull her back to sleep.

Now that she's up for the morning, she's still sounding rattly and trying to cough.  She also seems belabored in her breathing.  So today I'm taking her in for her first official "sick child" appointment.  I do realize that most babies don't need to go in this soon (if at all) for a cold, but we're supposed to be extra careful and proactive with any illnesses Ellie might get.  I'm hoping it's just a fluke and not even an illness.

Overall, she's still relatively happy and chatty so at least it doesn't seem to be bothering her too much at this point.  Pray she heals quickly!

Oh, and thanks go out to my wonderful hubby and mother-in-law who were able to take care of Ellie for the past three days so that I was able to rest and she was able to keep her exposure to mommy's yicky germs at a minimum!  This is the worst cold I've ever had, and I truly couldn't have done it without them.

1 comment:

Claire said...

Praying! And I hope you are back to full power soon too, sweetheart!

Cxx