- Both Evelyn and I are healthy!
- During the c-section, we learned that the Lord definitely had a hand in guiding us to the decision to have a planned c-section. The umbilical cord was wrapped around Evelyn's neck twice, which would have likely caused me to need an emergency c-section or, at the very least, caused injuries to Evelyn.
- The delivery and recovery process has gone really well, and we've been blessed with wonderful staff who have taken very good care of us.
- I was able to try nursing Evelyn within minutes of returning to my recovery room after surgery. With my nurse's assistance, she latched on immediately and has been doing a fantastic job overall.
- Elise is doing wonderfully with my mom and came to the hospital today absolutely beaming because my dad and two younger brothers had arrived at our house and come with her and my mom to the hospital. My mom visited a couple of weeks ago to help me with Elise, and we're really glad that Elise got that time with her because it has made her all that much more comfortable with me being at the hospital and Kit being gone during the day. She doesn't even seem to be phased by going from me to my mom when they have visited the hospital (and even chooses my mom over me quite frequently).
- As the photos below show, Elise isn't too sure how to feel about her baby sister. She's mostly ambivalent but gives Evelyn interesting looks when she cries and fussed a bit during her visit yesterday when I was comforting a crying Evelyn in ways that Elise is only used to hearing me talk to her.
- Evelyn is precious. I can hardly believe we have another beautiful little girl.
- Kit and I are absolutely over the moon with the joy and blessing of our new little girl. Every so often we look at each other and just tear up from joy.
Saturday, June 12, 2010
I have begun writing Evelyn's birth story and will finish at some point. But for now I just wanted to let everyone know the following...
Posted by Emily at 8:05 PM