Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Raw Meat: It's What's for Dinner

Yes folks, you heard right. I've gone on a diet. Well, not a diet--because diets imply fads. Rather, I've experienced a life change. Due to my parents' love for me, I have converted to the ways of the hippy and begun the "raw meat diet." What's in this diet? Well, there are various combinations. I am currently on the "Raw Frozen Diet: Beef Formula" by Nature's Variety. Which means I am eating:

Beef, Beef Liver, Raw Ground Beef Bone, Beef Heart, Beef Kidney, Apples, Carrots, Butternut Squash, Ground Flaxseed, Chicken Eggs, Broccoli, Lettuce, Spinach, Dried Kelp, Apple Cider Vinegar, Parsley, Honey, Salmon Oil, Olive Oil, Blueberries, Alfalfa Sprouts, Persimmons, Duck Eggs, Pheasant Eggs, Quail Eggs, Inulin, Rosemary, Sage, Clove

Quite the ingredient list, wouldn't you say? I think I now eat healthier than most humans. Yippee! Oh, and my new holistic vet, Dr. Judkins, has me taking some Chinese herbs and a Chinese tincture to help with my allergies. Let's just say I smell amazing (Coco a la herbs)!

As daddy says, I snarf all my food in under 20 seconds. Beat that! (Daddy even walked the kitchen saying, "One one thousand, two one thousand..." to check on the timing.)

Here's what my bag of food looks like...

And here are the beautiful "medallions" themselves. Don't they look appetizing?

When's dinner?

No comments: