Monday, January 19, 2009

My Little Girl

It seems many pregnant women experience more intense emotions than they had before they were pregnant. While I did have a few extremely emotional moments in my first couple of weeks of being pregnant, I haven't been one of those women. Except in one area, which causes almost immediate tears nearly every time I think about it.

As I sit at my computer, having just finished getting ready--makeup and all--and cry, I find my heart softened for my little girl. But not just for her...

For the relationship I pray she one day has with Jesus.
For the true love I pray she finds in him.
For the joy I pray she experiences in knowing the King of World is also her eternal Daddy.
For the confidence I pray she has in knowing exactly who she is despite all the chaos and confusion around her.
And for the generation that I hope Kit and I are that leads her to this peace in her sweet Savior.

It's so easy to get distracted by "life" as it goes on around us, to forget to stop and pause before the Almighty. To worry who might read our blog and think we've gone off the deep end because we're weeping about our yet unborn child knowing the Lord.

But I want to stand before my Lord one day in confidence, knowing I lived a life that brought glory to Him. And that my little girl was able to follow in my footsteps. For I and she are nothing and have nothing without Him.

No comments: