Monday, January 5, 2009

A Little Kicker

Kit says I haven't posted recently enough so here's a quick one (though I have a couple of others I've been meaning to do as well). Our little one has been kicking quite a bit lately. It's so fun to have this secret little kicking going on where no one knows about it other than me unless I tell someone.

On my mom's birthday (January 1st), Kit felt the baby kick for the first time. He's been trying for a couple of weeks, but the baby had always stopped moving each time he'd try to feel. It's been a bit strange actually, especially given the fact that the baby kicks Coco all the time when he's lying next to my yummy. Kit made the most entertaining face after feeling it - part genuine smile, part wrinkled face that said, "That felt more like gas than a kick." I found the entire moment quite hilarious. Shortly thereafter, my mom felt the baby as well.

I'm still not to the point where anyone who doesn't know me says anything to me about being pregnant (based on appearances), but I suppose that day will come soon. Lots of people look at my belly (and then look away embarrassed if they see me watching them). And most people to whom I mention being pregnant say, "I was wondering..." Kit did tell me the other day at the store very matter of factly, "You do look pregnant, just so you know." Little did he know, it meant a lot. :)

Well, I need to get to bed. I was going to hope in bed 30 minutes ago.

No comments: