- Weighs 17 pounds, 7 ounces!
- Wears size 3 diapers.
- Wears clothes than range from 3-9 months.
- Is long in the torso but lean so onesies are a bit of a challenge now, and we're moving more toward regular shirts. Pants are difficult as well because she's too skinny for 9-month pants but too long for 6-month pants. On days when she's not in the mood to wear her high-waters, she enjoys wearing 12-month tight-legged leggings from Target (although their flared-leg leggings in the same size are way too big in the waist).
- Has nearly 4-inch feet.
- Is army crawling everywhere, including from one side of our house to the other. And our house is a ranch-style so it's long and narrowish.
- Is sitting much better now that we've started doing her daily sitting exercises.
- Has been getting up on her knees and crawling a couple of "steps" before switching back to army crawling.
- Enjoys spending time in what can best be described as the plank position in yoga - up on her hands and toes.
- Started pulling herself up on her daddy Friday and trying to stand. She's been doing it more and more ever since.
- Is getting more hair. And it seems to be similar to Kit's wavy/curly/coarse texture.
- Loves to eat solids, including all sorts of baby foods, whole black beans and--as of yesterday--cheerios!!
- Normally drinks about 26 ounces of formula per day. (Can't remember if I mentioned that we switched to formula, but I stopped pumping at the beginning of this month to give me a little break in between babies.)
- Got the go ahead from the pediatrician to begin eating more solids and tapering back formula gradually. We don't plan to actually start that process fully until after her birthday but have started feeding her a second meal of solids each day.
- Loves being outdoors and smiles often when the wind blows on her face and the rain hits her little cheeks or head.
- Thinks dogs are just great!
- Seems to like other kids more when in a group setting rather than one on one.
- Gets very serious about learning new things and then gets very excited when she figures it out.
- Says da, ba, bob, la, ga, ma, mom, fa, hi, and maybe a couple of other sounds. Da and ba combos are definitely her favorite. And she pulls out ma and mom most when she's upset.
- Appears to be getting two more teeth on the bottom and is very fussy and drooly as a result, but they haven't broken through yet.
- Just today has been getting really close to going from the crawling position to sitting. She can do the opposite like a champ and has been doing a side-lying position for a few months but hadn't coordinated everything. At this point she just needs to figure out that she should to keep her arm next to her and not stretched out and then she'll definitely start putting herself back in the sitting position.
It's getting harder and harder to take her picture because she crawls over to you and tries to grab the camera.
This is a good shot of her cute teeth.
Trying to pull herself up using mom's skirt.
Crawling into the kitchen while chewing on her tongue (something she likes to do when teething).
Still working on that tongue. Coco, on the other hand, appears to be pining away at the refrigerator hoping for some food.
Trying to take a picture of ourselves.
This is the best one that we got. Ellie appears to be trying to communicate to you that her mommy is crazy.