Monday, November 1, 2010

Thankful - Day 1

My wonderful friend, Bree, who unfortunately moved from Portland before I got to know her very well in person, wrote a poignant blog post today about holidays and challenged those who read her blog to write one thing they are thankful for each day this month.  Since I've recently come out of hiding on our blog, I figured I'd join in.  So here goes...

One of the things I'm most thankful for in this moment is the ability to kiss my little Evie-doodle however much I want and all over her cute little face and neck.  Ever since she was born, I haven't been able to get enough of her soft sweet skin and chubby cheeks.  And now that she giggles, I can't get enough of the giggles that I'm sure to get when I give her "GG kisses" on her neck (my great grandma, GG, gave precious soft neck kisses...come to think of it, her skin was as soft as Evie's albeit a looser on her face and she smelled sweet as well...I miss my GG).

I hadn't realized until a few weeks ago that part of why I derive such joy from giving Evie a million kisses a day is because I couldn't do the same with Elise.  Because we had to be so careful about germs due to her prematurity, I didn't start kissing Elise anywhere other than her head and forehead until she was much older, about 6 months old since that's about when she got H1N1, did fine with it and we stopped being quite as concerned about germs.  So I'm thankful for those Evie kisses and also that I can now kiss Elise without worry of getting her sick, even if she does frequently say, "Nah," when we ask her for kisses.

And for good measure, I'm thankful for kisses from my hubby as well.  But I won't go into detail on that one.

No comments: